Paris Beer Week
La bière ARTISANALE en capitale !
Since 2013, the Paris Beer Week - the first festival in Île-de-France exclusively dedicated to craft beer - has been bringing together the independent actors of the French craft beer movement with a week of events, a collaborative beer, a home brewing contest, and a “Grand Finale” closing day festival.
- A sixth edition that will be held from June 8th to June 16th... During one week, wander Paris and its region to meet with all these passionate people who make beer craft!
- Over 150 events are in the pipes, from festive to educational or gastronomic and culinary, with locations everywhere in Paris and surroundings!
- The Grand Final will take place at Le 104 on the 15th and 16th of June...
- 74 breweries are gathering from all around Ile-de-France, France and the World!
Good to know: The Paris Beer Week is organized by the association Bières et Papilles, a collective of volunteers including independent professionals, craft beer lovers, and associations that are part of the craft beer scene. It’s not a professional convention, meaning we don’t rent out stands, and we don’t ask for any corporate sponsorships. Our goal is not commercial promotion, but rather to develop public interest in craft beers, and to transmit our enthusiasm for the conviviality and shared moments that they foster.
Bières et Papilles
Bières et Papilles is a non-profit organization created in 2010 by a handful of beer enthusiasts with a mission: to help develop the craft beer scene and to share its gastronomical and cultural impact. The association was a precursor to the renewal of the Parisian craft brewing movement, notably by organizing “Soirées Maltées” (Malty Evenings) several times a year: gatherings of about a dozen brewers, selected for the quality and originality of their products, allowing people to discover the beers and meet the brewers. Since 2013, the association has accepted the responsibility of organizing the Paris Beer Week. This ambitious project breathed new life into the association, and has sparked a lot of enthusiasm from the ever-growing community of craft beer lovers. In 2017 Bières & Papilles started the Paris Beer Club to unite this community and to dynamize new projects.
Since 2015, the association has been governed by an Administrative Council, which structures the organization of the festival, and is composed of 13 elected members, each with a post allowing for the representation of the diversity of the members of the craft beer scene of Île-de-France. The Administrative Council is composed of:
- 3 cabinet members (President, Secretary, Treasurer)
- 5 trade representatives (one each for Bars, Beer shops, Brewers, Distributors, and Associations/Collectives)
- 6 group leaders (Grand Finale, Communication, Social Networking, Press, Home Brewing Contest, Paris Beer Club)